Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 3gs IOS 5 Hangs when I disable bluetooth when tethered

Have been having an issue with my 3gs on IOS 5 (recent, and that upgrade -> recovery is not something I want to go through again!). Can't swear as to whether it also occurred on IOS 4.3.

I bluetooth thether using personal hotspot, all works as advertised. If I turn off the tethered laptop, or turn off blutooth on the Iphone BEFORE I turn off personal hotspot, the phone hangs - goes blank immediately and will not respond.

First time it happened I recovered the phone (and, Apple, can we please do something about error 14 on windows 7, it happens A LOT for me.)

Having had it happen a few times now, I have realised it is a true hang, blank phone. I simply reboot the phone using the two finger salute, it comes back *eventually*. It does take a long time to reboot after one of these hangs. The apple logo is the only thing I see for quite some time.

So, hoping the apple developers are reading this, IOS 5 is looking like Vista at the moment for me, the release we should never have had.

Can we have a fix?

Anyone else out there with the same issue?

Is there something I am missing?

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 1:25 PM

There are no replies.

Iphone 3gs IOS 5 Hangs when I disable bluetooth when tethered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.