Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not remember my restrictions passcode

i do not remember my restrictions passcode

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.3, I need to reset my ipod touch

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 6:46 AM

I have the same problem with my ipad2. I want to reset my ipad but it need this passcode...also, i can not reset my ipad by using iTunes...

18 replies

Mar 4, 2012 6:02 AM in response to lllaass

I did the restore, but where do I re enter the restrictions passcode? The window says that I have 7 failed attempts.

I don't think I actually set one up, is there a default code that I can try?

I have set up a code for getting into the phone, but that doesn't work in the restrictions window.

I just wanted to turn on in app purchasing which I remember I turned off. But I don't want to lock my phone in the process.

So, where, after a restore, can I reset the restrictions passcode?

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2012 6:11 AM in response to lllaass

OK,

And if I do that, I lose all progress on the apps too, like angry birds, right?

Is there a default code I can try first? I am just certain that I didn't set a passcode when I changed the restrictions, but if I did, it would have been one of the codes I have tried already.

And can I put videos back on the phone from iphoto if I do a factory restore?

May 9, 2012 4:58 AM in response to clairet707

You have to restore. From backup is OK if you are talking about the screen-lock passcode. For the Restrictions passcode you have to restore to factory defaults/new iPod.

Yu can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

clairet707 wrote:

I have this problem as well, it appears to be none of my usual passwords, so im stuck

how do i get my apps etc back on my phone without restoring and putting hte password back on my phone.

ive only had the phone 2 months as well and i cant beleive i cant work out what the password is, dont even remember putting it on there in the first place

I do not remember my restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.