Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fill does not work for numeric; works for alpha

The FILL feature works for alpha (A is incremented to B,C,D, etc as you drag the yellow box down)

It does NOT work for numeric. For numeric, which is what I need, when you drag the yellow box down, it copies the SAME value to all the cells (if first cell has 1, 1 is copied to all the cells).

How do I get the Fill feature to increment numerics? I am using integers.

Thanks, Robert

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 1:27 AM

Read the Numbers User Guide !

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 22 janvier 2011 10:20:49

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.2

My iDisk is : <http://public.me.com/koenigyvan>

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

3 replies

Nov 22, 2011 5:43 AM in response to rbeckmann

rbeckmann wrote:

Thanks, that did it. I did not see this (must select two cells for numeric) doc on the help in iPad Numbers.

As very often, the infos displayed as a 'signature' aren't accurate, I was not sure of what you are really using.

Downloading the Numbers User Guide and the iWork Formulas and Functions User Guide dedicated to OS X would be helpful for the iPad version too. I'm quite sure that the authors of the guides available for the iOS version ignored a lot of the apps features.

Excel Windows ( my experience) only requires selecting one cell

Why would Numbers behave like Excel ?

I hope that it will never do.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 22 janvier 2011 14:43:42

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.2

My iDisk is : <http://public.me.com/koenigyvan>

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

Fill does not work for numeric; works for alpha

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.