Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stacks

Hi,

I used stacks to "keep together" versions used to build panorama or HDR

Once I generated Panorama or HDR I put inside its stack as pick

now I make a selection of all version according to its rating

If I filter versions, let's say "3stars or better" I get them showing according to its star rating

I rated only the pick version inside each stack so only one version is showing (actually the panorama or HDR)

all OK till now

If I want these selection to be part of a MobileMe gallery or a new album

I end up with ALL the versions inside stacks!

I selected "stack picks only" and tryed both smart album or new album with current images

Also, there is some way to autatically sync a smart album to a Mobile Me gallery?

Thanks

User uploaded file

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 5:32 AM

Stacks move as one unit. So while you can filter out just an individual image from the stack (like you are doing with a smart album) you can'tmove just one image from the satck to a contanier (album, project, etc).

I'm not that familiar with Moblie Me galleries but I beleive that they appear as a regular album to Aperture and as such when you try to move a stacked image into the whol stack will go.

I you want to do this you will need to unstack the image yu want to place in the Moblie Me gallery.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2011 5:32 AM in response to Luca from Massa

Stacks move as one unit. So while you can filter out just an individual image from the stack (like you are doing with a smart album) you can'tmove just one image from the satck to a contanier (album, project, etc).

I'm not that familiar with Moblie Me galleries but I beleive that they appear as a regular album to Aperture and as such when you try to move a stacked image into the whol stack will go.

I you want to do this you will need to unstack the image yu want to place in the Moblie Me gallery.

Nov 22, 2011 6:26 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I'm not that familiar with Moblie Me galleries but I believe that they appear as a regular album to Aperture and as such when you try to move a stacked image into the whol stack will go.

Here's what I observe in my Mobile Me gallery, when I include stacked images from a "stack picks only" smart album:

• In Aperture: The Mobile Me album in the WEB section of the Library Inspector includes all images of the stack, even if only one image of the stack has been selected by the smart album rules.
  • On my MM Gallery Webpage: The Mobile Me gallery only shows the stack pick, and that's what Luca wanted, isn't it?

@Luca from Massa:To add more images to your MM gallery, drag them to your Mobile Me album in the WEB section of the Library Inspector, that album will not update automatically, when you change the smart album - if I remember correctly, that is different from how iPhoto behaves.

Nov 22, 2011 3:47 PM in response to léonie

thanks for both replyies, both helpful

Actually I hang myself seeing all version stacks inside The Mobile Me album in the WEB section of the Library Inspector

but On my MM Gallery Webpage The Mobile Me gallery only shows the stack pick actually..

What is not straightforward is this double behaviour of stacks.. I was thinking of them as a way to keep together similar images but all slave to the pick and so not following it if I filter my pick with stars, flag or label..

Thanks

Nov 22, 2011 3:57 PM in response to Luca from Massa

What is not straightforward is this double behaviour of stacks..

It is puzzling at firts, but it is consistant with other uses in books or slideshows. If you are stacking your pictures, only the stack pick will appear in a book or Slideshow, and that is what you see in your MM gallery too. The option "stack picks only" makes it easier to see the final selection, and including all images into the album allows you to change your mind about the the stack pick, without having to go back to the project.

stacks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.