Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

H P Deskjet 970 cxi printer only prints in black

Hi,

Can anyone please advise me.

I have a new Lion mini mac. I connected my HP Deskjet 970cxi printer via usb to my new mac.

It only prints in black and white. I connected back to my old PC and it prints in colour.

I check all the printer settings I could find. The drivers are said to update automaticly.

Help please

Doug

Mac mini

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 6:47 AM

This is a mid-2000 printer, with HP drivers only thru OS X 10.5. Unless there's a driver upgrade within Lion drivers, which you would probably already have, you may be stuck, as HP hasn't updated it's 970cxi-specific OS X drivers for over 4 years.

4 replies

Nov 21, 2013 9:57 AM in response to Littlemagic

Hi Folks,

I understand that since using Mavericks you are no longer able to print in colour. After some research, I have found a document pertaining to printer and scanner software available to download and the supported printer lists. This list is on the Apple Support site and was updated on November 14, 2013 after the Mavericks OS X release. You will notice that the Deskjet 940c and the 970cxi are not on the list. Please see link below:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-Printing-and-Scanning/Maverick-10-9-prints-blac k-and-white-only/td-p/3046801

With that being said, Apple may or may not release a driver. I would recommend contacting Apple or keep checking the page for updates. I hope this was helpful.

Thanks,

HevnLghHP

I work on behalf of HP

H P Deskjet 970 cxi printer only prints in black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.