Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost crop fix from 3.2.1 upgrade after Library rebuild

Hi. The most recent upgrade (3.2.1) resolved a bug with the crop aspect ratio being auto-changed to something other than "Do Not Constrain". I recently rebuilt a Library (having installed the upgrade previously), and I seem to have reverted to 3.2.0, at least regarding cropping (and tilting).

Any suggestions on how to bring everything back to where it was with 3.2.1 just installed?

"Aperture→About Aperture" reports Aperture 3.2.1.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 8 G / 500 G internal / 5 TB external / NEC 2490 / ColorMunki Pho

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 6:34 AM

Just a shot in the dark, but can it be that you installed an older version of

/Users/your user name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Aperture.plist

when you reconstructed your disk after the crash?

Then I would try to see what happens if you move that file to the Desktop and restart Aperture.

- Léonie

8 replies

Nov 22, 2011 7:50 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

For the heck of it I just rebuilt a library just to see if it might have something to do with the rebuild but no the crop and tilting work as per 3.2.1.

Is it happening with any of your other libraries either rebuilt or not? I find it hard to image that this issue would be library related and not application related. Perhaps something got switch around when you did the restore? What originally happened and what have you done?

good luck

Nov 22, 2011 9:30 AM in response to léonie

leonieDF wrote:

For the heck of it I just rebuilt a library just to see if it might have something to do with the rebuild

You are brave - a martyr to the cause 😝

Agreed 🙂 . Thanks to you both for responding. I'm not going to mess with prefs till the coming holiday (we have a local holiday this Thursday).

I think the problem now occurs in all Libraries ... will test and confirm. Definitely started happening again immediately after the rebuild. Did not manually restore anything -- was saving that in case the rebuild did not succeed.

Nov 22, 2011 10:49 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Kirby,

are you sure that the electrical failure only effected your external drive with the Aperture libraries (don't want to sound like Cassandra) or may your system drive have suffered too? In that case I'd consider to run a disk check / disk repair on your system drive, and for good measure a general hardware test on your mac, if you have not done so already.

Cheers

Lèonie

Lost crop fix from 3.2.1 upgrade after Library rebuild

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.