Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs not playing correctly in playlist in iTunes Match - iPad

I turned on iTM on my ipad and iphone. It works great on my iphone. All of my playists show up on both devices. When I try and play music from a playist on my ipad, the song displayed is not the song that is playing. When it goes to the next song, it just sits there and doesn't play. I've downloaded all of the songs in this particular playlist. Not sure if other people are having the same issue.

Thanks,

Jim

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 7:16 AM

7 replies

Nov 28, 2011 6:41 AM in response to tadbest

Same problem here. More specifically, it's on albums that I've matched, then deleted on my Mac, and re-downloaded. The songs play fine on the Mac, but on the iPhone, they skip to the next song about halfway through. Theoretically, it's the same copy of the song on both devices, so it's got to be a playback problem on IOS devices.

Feb 3, 2012 5:17 AM in response to mracole

This has happened several times to me since I originally posted. I found it happens when I add more music to a playlist that I already have on my iPad. Below is a fix.

1. Turn off itunes match on your device. This step is important.

2. Delete all of the music on your device. General / Usage / Music

3. Restart your device.

4. Turn iTunes Match on

5. Download the playlist you want.

I hope Apple fixes this soon. This fix is not ideal and takes a good bit of time, but it works for now.

Songs not playing correctly in playlist in iTunes Match - iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.