Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac keeper

What is mac keeper and is it a good app to download?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 9:21 AM

12 replies

Jun 23, 2012 8:16 PM in response to stephaniefromsnohomish

I'm one of the very few that actually purchased MacKeeper shortly after I downloaded it. It was nothing but a nuisance and an app such as Onyx is much more trustworthy. I filed a complaint with the Bay Area Better Business Bureau and received a refund. Don't even bother to download it, much less install it.

Clinton

Jan 20, 2013 7:30 PM in response to John Travitzky

Hello,

I am a new user in Mac Book. I bought MacKeeper software for my Mac Book ulitiliti. Does the paid software will also experience the same problem.

How do I completely remove this software from my Mac Book. After a few days, I could not enter the link you suggest this: http://applehelpwriter.com/2011/09/21/how-to-uninstall-mackeeper-malware/

Nobody can inform other link?

Jan 20, 2013 7:39 PM in response to Mr LePaK

Yes, the only thing the paid software is good for is lining Zeobit's pockets with gold.

I was going to post the site I have bookmarked only to discover that I am using the same site that you say you can't get to.

I just went to the site and had absolutely no problems opening it.

I wonder if MacKeeper is blocking you from accessing it. I would not put it pass them. It is just the sneaky kind of thing they would do.

Allan

Jan 20, 2013 8:10 PM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Thank Allan Eckert and clintonfrombirmingham.

My MacKeeper version is MacKeeper 2012 version 2.2.21. I buy at 15 Jan 2013 USD39.95. I will try your suggestions. Drag it to the Trash.

I think the reimbursement is quite difficult because I pay with paypal and do not know how.

After installing MacKeeper, there is an unhealthy activity in my paypal account. I do not know who's greedy. There is a transaction happens to a bank account without my knowledge.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Now I'm scared about this whereupon. I do not know who's greedy. It happened after I installed MacKeeper in my Mac Book.

Is this also stems from MaccKeeper?

mac keeper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.