Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to detect iPhone virus

Hi,

I understand iPhone/Apple products tend to be safer than viruses and malware relative to Windows based products. However, out of the blue, when I open a browser on my iPhone and access my Hotmail email, I can't delete messages, I can't click on the next page, and I frequently get the "Oops, Hotmail is having trouble loading"-like message. This just started to happen as of last week.

I've not experienced any other anonmalies, so I'm not totally sure I have contracted a virus.

But, I'm particularly interested in hearing if anyone else experience this seemingly "Hotmail access from iPhone" specific issue lately? I have the iPhone 4 with the latest OS updated.

Thx - Nancy

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 11:05 AM

1 reply

Nov 22, 2011 11:14 AM in response to Nancy Chou

As there have yet to be any virii for iOS found in the wild, it is unlikely that you have one. It really could be a Hotmail issue. Microsoft is notorious for having web sites that do not adhere to standards and which can therefore be difficult to access from some browsers. Are you able to access Hotmail if you set up the account through the Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account? Have you tried using a different browser?

Best of luck.

How to detect iPhone virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.