Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wanted: Clipboard Feature

Does any "add-on" exist that will permit sending multiple "highlight & copy" transactions to the clipboard --- without erasing preceding entries?

I would like to be able to copy words/phrases from texts to the clipboard without each new highlight/copy process removing the preceding copy. Each added "copy" should be preceded by a line feed

In effect, I'd like for the clipboard to be wiped clean only through a "paste" transaction.

Possible? Or, some equally simple alternative?

MC511LL; Intel 2.8GHz i5; 27" iMac; 4GB; 1 TB, Mac OS X (10.6.7), HP 309g; WD MyBook x 3; SuperDuper!; APC RS1500; TTP5.0.6; DiskW

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 11:35 AM

Not possible with OS X tools. Peruse the hits from a google search for multiple clipboards mac.

9 replies

Nov 22, 2011 12:13 PM in response to nkh

I try to keep things simple, minimizing add-ons that might alter the OS.

For multiple text copying, I open a TextEdit document to one side and use it as a catcher for the series of things I'm grabbing. I can drag and drop the text blocks directly from the source documents (including webpages) to the TextEdit doc; all I need to add is a return after each item is dropped into the doc.

Nov 22, 2011 10:18 PM in response to nkh

Another alternate means is to use text clippings. Highlight the block of text in the source doc, then drag it out onto the desktop and let go. It will be copied there as a text clipping, bearing the name of the first few words in the selection grabbed.

Double-click a text clipping to open it; it opens in Finder. You can then copy all of it via a simple Copy action (no selection necessary); or a portion of it by selecting the portion with the cursor and then a Copy action.

Quicker use is to just drag and drop the text clipping into your target document - TextEdit doc, word processing doc, email message, etc. - and it will be copied into that target doc starting where the insertion point was left.

Wanted: Clipboard Feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.