Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Logic Express 9 Percussion Sounds After Re-Install

If anyone could please help me, I would be extremely grateful. So far, I've successfully diagnosed and fixed all of my technical problems on my own, but this one has me stumped. If there are any ambitious diagnosticians out there, your help is very much needed and will be very much appreciated.

The Pre-Problem Actions: Using Logic Express 9 (No Upgrade), I decided I wanted to split a project (or "song") into two projects (or "songs"). Therefore, I imported tracks from the original project into a new, Untitled project. "Untitled" crashed. After re-starting the application, I successfully completed the Import, although due to my limited knowledge of the application, I may have imported the files incorrectly. I know that I chose to also import Audio Files and other features, along with the actual tracks themselves.

Somewhere along the way, one of my Ultrabeat Tracks (ElectroHouse) changed one of the sounds in the track. Since I liked the change, I did nothing about it. However, when I went to write a new track in the project, my percussion noises had vanished from ALL percussion files - Ultrabeat, Studio Kits, the whole lot. In my Ultrabeat Files, what used to sound as Percussion Instruments, now sounds as the Synth/Pitch Instruments in the same file. To be specific, the upper ranges of an Ultrabeat Kit used to have Synth/Pitch Instrument sounds, and the lower ranges would have Percussion Sounds associated with that Kit. Now, only Pitch sounds remain. The percussion noises have vanished. In Kits that do not have Synth/Pitch sounds, no sound is made at all. Completely silent.

Other Features: My Controller is making contact with the application. I know this because the note shows it's being played at the bottom of my screen, near the Tempo feature. It says C9, then OFF. D4, then OFF. Or what have you. I know that the signal is going through. Just either no sound is being made, or the incorrect sound is being made. Percussion Instruments gone.

The Attempted Fix: I re-wrote my entire hard drive with Zeroes (something I'd aspired to do, anyway), and re-installed all of my applications, including Logic Express 9. In addition, I tried to Upgrade my Logic Express 9. However, I kept receiving the message that my Serial Number is Invalid, an incredibly frustrating result. I'll be on the phone with Apple Support this evening in the hope that I can rectify this particular issue.

THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE. In each Ultrabeat Kit, I can only get Pitch sounds. Even in the lower registers, where there should be Percussive Sounds. In Kits without Pitch and exclusively Percussion, there is no sound at all, despite the fact that the Controller and the Macbook are giving and receiving signals to one another appropriately.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Logic Express 9

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 1:09 PM

There are no replies.

Missing Logic Express 9 Percussion Sounds After Re-Install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.