Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple care transfer

Hi guys,

I purchased apple care with my macbook pro in 2010. It was then stolen last month, is it possible to transfer my apple care plan from the stolen macbook to the new one I have now? I got an educational discount on the plan so I'm not sure if they would, the insurance company purchased the new laptop thorugh an external supplier (PC World)? Not too keen on splashing out over 200 for a new plan when I still have time on the other one! Hope you can help!

Stephen

Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 3:57 AM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2011 4:14 PM in response to Allan Sampson

Allan,

Sorry to butt into this discussion about Apple Care, but it's only my second day learning how to be in Discussions and I don't know how else to contact you.

Would you be willing to look at my post that relates to a piece of advice I used from you, that I didn't realize was 6 years old? I feel like a 6 year old for not checking that before I applied it to my new MacBook Air! I'm sure it's an easy fix, but no one is replying. Here's the address of my post, called "Accidentally deleted my Outbox, I think: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3519510. I now realize that outbox doesn't show up unless there's something stuck in it, (another problem I have a lot ever since I arrived in Southeast Asia!), so you can ignore that part of my ignorance...but I'm getting an error message now on random emails (explained in the post).

In the future, I will learn brevity...I ask for your patience and grace as I get more savvy!

Jana

Apple care transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.