Skip navigation

Bootcamp not installed

299 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2011 6:56 PM by Csound1 RSS
rpduval Level 1 Level 1 (50 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 23, 2011 5:18 AM

OK, help. I installed Snow Leopard when it first came out and there is no Bootcamp on my iMac. I looked in the install disk and there is no option to install Bootcamp. I upgraded to Lion and still no Bootcamp. Where am I going wrong? What do I do to fix it?

24, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • dalstott Level 4 Level 4 (2,455 points)
    Nov 23, 2011 10:02 AM (in response to rpduval)

Everything you need to know is in this manual. Download it, print it, and follow the instructions explicitly. The Boot Camp Assistant is on your Mac in the Utilities folder

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.7.pdf

• Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,380 points)
    Nov 23, 2011 1:19 PM (in response to rpduval)

rpduval wrote:

Bootcamp assistant isn't working, it won't d/l whatever it's supposed to d/l and it won't partition the drive.

Be more detailed, what exactly did you do, what are the error messages that resulted.

• holtynq Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
    Nov 23, 2011 6:08 PM (in response to rpduval)

I too am in the same boat as the original poster, however I have 3 partitions on my imac all approx 300GB, one of which is empty awaiting my efforts to install bootcamp and then Windows 7. I have opened Boot Camp assistant and downloaded the Windows support software to a flash drive, however I cant seem to get any further without someones assistance that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

John

• Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,380 points)
    Nov 23, 2011 6:56 PM (in response to rpduval)

rpduval wrote:

There are already a few threads about the download issue. Basically it says that there is nothing to download and I have to click OK. When I try to partition it says I need to move something and that my drive isn't journaled or some such (I'm not at home right now, can't check exact wording sorry).

For the second issue you need to clone your drive to an external and then put the clone back, you can also try booting from your OSX disk, running and running Repair Disk from Disk Utility.

The first problem requires patience, it works eventually.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.