Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp not installed

OK, help. I installed Snow Leopard when it first came out and there is no Bootcamp on my iMac. I looked in the install disk and there is no option to install Bootcamp. I upgraded to Lion and still no Bootcamp. Where am I going wrong? What do I do to fix it?

24, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 10:02 AM

Everything you need to know is in this manual. Download it, print it, and follow the instructions explicitly. The Boot Camp Assistant is on your Mac in the Utilities folder

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.7.pdf

6 replies

Nov 23, 2011 6:08 PM in response to rpduval

I too am in the same boat as the original poster, however I have 3 partitions on my imac all approx 300GB, one of which is empty awaiting my efforts to install bootcamp and then Windows 7. I have opened Boot Camp assistant and downloaded the Windows support software to a flash drive, however I cant seem to get any further without someones assistance that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

John

Nov 23, 2011 6:56 PM in response to rpduval

rpduval wrote:

There are already a few threads about the download issue. Basically it says that there is nothing to download and I have to click OK. When I try to partition it says I need to move something and that my drive isn't journaled or some such (I'm not at home right now, can't check exact wording sorry).

For the second issue you need to clone your drive to an external and then put the clone back, you can also try booting from your OSX disk, running and running Repair Disk from Disk Utility.

The first problem requires patience, it works eventually.

Bootcamp not installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.