Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else have a loose USB port?

I bought my 13" MacBook Pro about a month ago or so, It's the latest refresh of the MacBook Pro 13" line. I have an i5 2.4ghz pro. w/ 4gb of RAM, 500 HD and Lion of course. So just the other day I noticed that one of the two USB slots I have on the left side of the computer is very loose. It's the USB port that is closest to the SD card slot. Basically if I plug in a device to it I notice A LOT of wiggle room in there. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue since the computer is fairly new. Anyways if I plug in that same USB device to the other USB slot it doesnt wiggle nearly as much as the other one. When a device is plugged into the loose port and wiggled it doesnt disconnect or anything like that, it's just loose and I know it doesnt seem like a huge problem but when you pay 1200+ for something you dont expect things like this. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I'm most likely going to pay a visit to the Genius Bar.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 3:51 PM

1 reply

Anyone else have a loose USB port?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.