Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i submit a wifi access point to Apple Database for location services?

maps and other apps cannot determine my location. well, actually, ever since i bought this ipad it has never detected my location. maps cannot determine my location. i cannot check in to places using facebook, twitter, etc.

i have read from other threads, skyhookwireless.com can do wifi positioning. is the mac address i should submit is the wifi address of my ipad?

but i have also read that apple stopped working with skyhook. so where should i submit my wifi access point so that my ipad can determine my location and apple can recognize my wifi access point location.

ipad 2

ios 5.0.1

wifi only

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, WiFi Only

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 12:50 AM

4 replies

Nov 24, 2011 12:59 AM in response to fifow

fifow wrote:

so where should i submit my wifi access point so that my ipad can determine my location and apple can recognize my wifi access point location.

You don't, Google is about to make another round, they will sniff your wifi and update your location.

Apple also is taking location data, both or either will find you soon.

If one want's to opt out of the Google location tracking, they need to add

_nomap

to the end of their SSID

https://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/google-allow-users-opt-out-wifi-location-mapp ing-system-111511

How do i submit a wifi access point to Apple Database for location services?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.