Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video pauses and audio continues. HELP!!!

When playing videos in iTunes the video pauses every now and then but the audio continues, after about 10 seconds the audio will appear on fast-forward as if trying to catch up to the audio. Has only recently started happening. What can i do? PLEASE HELP!V

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 12:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 12:45 AM

Video* appears on fast forward trying to catch up

If anyone has any ideas at all please post 🙂

8 replies

Nov 25, 2011 10:30 PM in response to jay_blinko

I have the same symptoms.

This support article lists a few things to try, but I've had no luck with it: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1718

I've also tried playing files from different drives (a NAS over gigabit-ethernet and an internal SATAII drive).

iTunes 10.5.1.42
Quicktime 7.7.1

Windows 7 64-bit

16 GB RAM

2x nVidia GeForce 560 Ti in SLI (Latest drivers, dated 10/15/2011)

Any insight would be appreciated.

This issue only seems to happen in iTunes. Media Player Classic and DivX play fine.

Dec 19, 2011 2:16 PM in response to jay_blinko

I am having the same issue I posted this elsewhere

I have a Mid 2010 Mac Mini Server (full specs below) and very recently it has developed a strange problem. I'll be watching something on iTunes and the video will stop but the audio continues. If I move the mouse and click on the screen the video suddenly plays very fast untill it catches up with the audio and then for a while it will play normally. I can go through this process 3-4 times an hour before I give up and stream to my iPad instead.

in the beginning it only happened when I was using the HDMI cable but recently it happens when the mini VGA adaptor is plugged in too.

its beginning to be very frustrating so any help would be truly appreciated.

thanks

James

Mac Mini Specs

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz

8GB Ram

Running Lion Server 10.7.2 (111C74)

ITunes 10.5.2

Video pauses and audio continues. HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.