Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why was i told i would have iLife 11' and iDVD and i don't?

Hi Apple People

I just bought the new MacBook pro about a week ago and when i asked at the sales desk if it will come with all the software e.g iDVD, iLife 11', iWeb

they told me that yes it would,

well i have have searched through my macbook for a long time now and its not on here.

Why is this? they shouldnt say the programs are on here if there not.

Any advice on how to go about dealing with apple and getting them for free because i dont think i should have o pay for something they already told me i was getting for free!

Someone help me on how to go about this situation please 🙂

iPhone 4

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 1:18 AM

9 replies

Nov 24, 2011 2:25 AM in response to kahlia.nuia

Hi thanks for the reply 🙂

When i was in the apple store though i was very pacific in asking questions about what come with the mac and what doesnt due to my friend purchasing one and discovering hers didnt have these programs and warned me to ask before buying.

I was told by the staff member that they would be free with my purchase and at no extra charge, they were supposed to be already installed into my mac

Nov 24, 2011 3:13 AM in response to kahlia.nuia

You no longer get any disc with the computer if the hardrive/SSD fails it will automatically connect to the wifi/ethernet you choose and download Lion again. That takes care of the Lion disk

The iLife disc is no longer included either, the Apple ID you registered your computer with has your iLife stored and so if you computer needs to reinstally iLife for any reason you just go to the App Store on your Mac and click the Purchased tab and all the iLife programs will be there with Install next to them.

The hardware tests and such I belive are when you restart your computer if you hold down the option key before the Apple logo appears it will give you the option to choose Lion Recovery HD.

Nov 24, 2011 8:21 PM in response to kahlia.nuia

Make a couple of phone calls.

iDVD is a “Must Have". (Yes, it should be included.)

iDVD is tested with Lion and works great.

Call Apple they will sent out iDVD at no charge.

800-692-7753

800-275-2273

Most people report that by asking here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/idvd.html

or here: http://www.apple.com/contact/

they got a free copy of iDVD.

If that doesn't work you can purchase iLife 11 on disk (don't get the download) for about $39.

Why was i told i would have iLife 11' and iDVD and i don't?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.