Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wifi connection keeps dropping.

My wifi connection keeps dropping. This just t happened yesterday. I have uverse service and all my iPhones work and iPad. But iMac keeps losing signal even though it shows it's connected. The only thing I have done recently was set up iCloud for my iPad and iPhone. I am running snow leapord.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 12:36 PM

Look for firmware updates for router

3 replies

Nov 24, 2011 8:08 PM in response to Rudegar

Thanks for the suggestion. The router that I was supplied with by AT&T is the: Uverse 2Wire3801 HGV.

The firmware that I have is the current. AT&T recommended that I reboot the router by unpulgging the power source for a minute. I did that and when it rebooted and initialized all my computers, ipods/iphones/ipad and iMac were back online and no dropping out of the wifi signal. So all is well now. But I'm still not sure what that was all about. I'm Just glad to be back online and no dropping out of my signal.

Sep 22, 2013 6:31 AM in response to Unixguy45

I've been frustrated with the same issue for about a year. Sometimes it worked fine for weeks, and sometimes it will drop my connection every two minutes. I came accross a posting on another site that after reading it, it made perfect sense. If you have a modem/router connected to the airport extreme and have the airport extreme handle the internet pppoe connection, this is most likely the cause of the problem.

I solved the problem by having the modem/router handle the internet connection (set up to login, etc.) and then I set up the airport extreme as a bridge. This solved the problem.

My wifi connection keeps dropping.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.