Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why won't my ipad and jambox connect?

My I Pad and Jawbone Jambox won't connect. The Jambox announces it is ready and searching for a connection, then nothing happens. Any ideas about what to do?

iPad, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 12:21 PM

19 replies

Dec 15, 2011 2:46 PM in response to california andy

Was having the same problem until I found this on the Jambox help page. Seems the trick is to hold the on/off switch in the upmost position for 3 seconds until it begins flashing red/white.

Follow the steps below to pair JAMBOX with your iPad:

1. On your JAMBOX, hold the ON/OFF SWITCH in the upmost position for about 3 seconds.

2. Wait for the LED RING on the tip of the switch to flash red & white. You will hear JAMBOX say that it is ready to pair.

3. Release the ON/OFF SWITCH to the middle or on position. JAMBOX is now in discovery or pairing mode.

User uploaded file

4. On your iPad, select Settings, then General, then Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on or enabled.

5. When JAMBOX by Jawbone appears in the list of Bluetooth devices, select it.

Nov 23, 2014 10:24 PM in response to california andy

Hi there. Unfortunately, even while following the 5 step tip above, my iPad Air 2 is still unable to connect with my jambox. When holding the ON/OFF switch as suggested I register no red on the switch light. The jambox confirms being on a pairing mode only when I press the round button on the top. But, as I mentioned, the pairing doesn't occur; that is, the jambox doesn't appear listed on the iPad's Bluetooth setting. My iphone and laptop do appear listed on the iPad device list. I'm running OS 10.10 Yosemite.

Any further tips on what may be going on?

why won't my ipad and jambox connect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.