Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage won't accept my apple ID

I keep entering my password but it says you are not connected to the Internet as I am connected because I have been browsing all day and I don't know the problem please tell me what to do

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 12:53 PM

11 replies

Nov 24, 2011 3:24 PM in response to kahtan and

I had issues with iMessage accepting my password, although my problem was not identical to yours. Try shutting down your iPad by holding the power and home buttons at the same time. When the slider appears, slid it to shut it down. Then, press the power button to restart it. After restarting my iPad, iMessage accepted my password. Hope this helps.

Jul 10, 2013 12:28 PM in response to kahtan and

I had this same issue and I discovered how to solve it.

This issue was not affecting my Macbook Pro, iMac or iPad Mini, but was affecting my iPhone.

I verified my password was correct on the other devices, but still ended up changing my password which ended up not making a difference.

I then discovered that maybe this was a security issue of some kind. I was able to find that it related to my clock on the phone. I had manual set my clock recently. I changed this back to "Set Automatically" under Setting>General>Date & Time>Set Automatically.

Hope this helps 🙂

iMessage won't accept my apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.