why wont my MBP come out of sleep

193 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2013 6:02 AM by IH8rust RSS
jojoguitar Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 24, 2011 6:05 PM

sometimes my MBP will not come out of log off/sleep

why

Mac Boo Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)
  • Ralph Landry1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,815 points)
    Nov 24, 2011 6:12 PM (in response to jojoguitar)

A couple times I have had to hold the power button to shutdown, then power up again....seems to hang every now and then coming out of sleep mode.

• Ralph Landry1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,815 points)
    Nov 24, 2011 6:44 PM (in response to jojoguitar)

I wouldn't get concerned about it unless it starts happening regularly, or gets to be too frequent for your comfort.  And yes it does seem a little PCish, some of us have been sort of conditioned by PC behavior to even find this acceptable.

If you feel like it is too frequent and cannot tie it to something, visit your friendly Apple Retail store genius bar and have them see if they can find something wrong.

Mine hung on me just an hour ago bringing it out of sleep...first time actually for this thing in over a month...did the power button routine and all is fine now.  But, could have been messing up on the password entry that hung it in the first place.  Just watching for a while now.

• IH8rust Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Dec 28, 2013 6:02 AM (in response to Ralph Landry1)

Same thing here I have a new MBP and it is douing this about once a week, it is not regular !!!! did not have this problem with my old MBP ??? and they both have Maverick

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.