Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why wont my MBP come out of sleep

sometimes my MBP will not come out of log off/sleep

why

Mac Boo Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 6:12 PM

A couple times I have had to hold the power button to shutdown, then power up again....seems to hang every now and then coming out of sleep mode.

4 replies

Nov 24, 2011 6:30 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

so ralph, is this something I should be concered with?

I read somewhere (the famous somewhere) to just set the MBP to NOT sleep,that seems a little PC'ish to me.

maybe there is a tech peeping in that can explain why this happens and a better way to deal with it.

BTW, I too use your method, shut it down, and reboot, and that for sure is a PC'ish way to get around a problem

jojoguitar

Nov 24, 2011 6:44 PM in response to jojoguitar

I wouldn't get concerned about it unless it starts happening regularly, or gets to be too frequent for your comfort. And yes it does seem a little PCish, some of us have been sort of conditioned by PC behavior to even find this acceptable.

If you feel like it is too frequent and cannot tie it to something, visit your friendly Apple Retail store genius bar and have them see if they can find something wrong.

Mine hung on me just an hour ago bringing it out of sleep...first time actually for this thing in over a month...did the power button routine and all is fine now. But, could have been messing up on the password entry that hung it in the first place. Just watching for a while now.

why wont my MBP come out of sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.