Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari through Squid Proxy

Hello,

I have configured Safari to use Squid Proxy server. It is the same for all other windows computers in our network.

At the proxy settings for the USB Ethernet connection I have enabled only Web Proxy and Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS). Also the option Use passive FTP mode (PASV) is checked.

Each time I open Safari, it asks for authentication. Since it has saved the credentials in the Keychain already, it says: Username and password... you entered was incorrect.

I enter the password for proxy authentication.

Immediately Safari asks for password again.

Even when I check the option "Remember this password in my keychain" Safari continuously keeps demanding authentication.

To avoid this, I press Esc for the authentication windows continuously, several times.

At the end, the web page is loaded correctly. Isn't this wired?

In the meantime we have checked and updated the MacBook.

Maybe interesting to know that we have installed Mozilla Firefox and it runs fine. It is asking only one time authentication.

Maybe somebody experienced this behaviour already....

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Thank you in advance,

A.L

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Safari version 5.1.1 (7534.51.22)

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 11:22 PM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2011 12:24 AM in response to Aldion

I enter the password for proxy authentication.

Quit Safari if it's open.

Open Keychain Access Access located in /Applications/Utilities

Select Passwords on the left.

Use the search field to locate the keychain for the authentication then right or control click the keychain then click Delete.

Now locate the Safari Forms Autofill keychain. Delete that also.

Relaunch Safari. Go to Safari > Preferences then select the Autofill tab.

Make sure: User names and passwords is selected.

If not, with the Keychain Access app open from the menu bar click Keychain Access > Keychain First Aid

Verify and if necessary click Repair.

Safari through Squid Proxy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.