Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add events in calendar

The following is the problem; I updated my Mobile Me account to iCloud, installed iOS5 on my iPhone and Lion 10.7.2. to my iMac. After this my calendar was transferred to icloud as well as my contacts. Perfect, I thought. Until I wanted to use the calendar. I cannot add events anymore on my iPhone. If I add an event it says; 'Cannot add event. There has been an unexpected error'. I want to safe events to my iCloud calender which you can instruct in the menu on the above left in the calender app.

I backupped my phone and restored it twice. After the restore the calendar works again, and then suddenly after 1 or 2 days it goes back to the same error as before the reinstall. It drives me nuts. Even the service team in the iAm store didn't know what was going on. Please help me out.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1, iMac Lion 10.7.2, iCloud

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 7:03 AM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2011 4:19 AM in response to Nicholas859

He Nicholas, thanks for your reply. All the things you mention I already tried. As I wrote, if I do a factory settings reset and replace my backup, it works for about 1 of 2 days. I can add events again. And then suddenly, I cannot add anything anymore and the same problem comes back. So a factory restore works for a short period. That's maybe the most mysterious part. Someone else with ideas to solve the problem?

Cannot add events in calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.