Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White Macbook - Late 2008 - What was the original price?

Hi there,

Not sure if I'll have much joy with this as it's quite a strange question but I have a White 13-inch MacBook (Late 2008 version) which I bought on the 3rd December 2008, 2 months after it came out If I recall correctly. What I really need to know is how much this macbook retailed at in the apple store (UK) on release (or even better at time of purchase in case it had dropped or increased slightly)

It's something I really need to find out for insurance reasons. This is the exact model here in this review: http://lowendmac.com/macbook/macbook-white-2008.html which states that on release it was $999 (£645). Now, although this is the information I need it's not entirely helpful because of the difference in dollars to GBP then and now. And also because I'm not sure if the US and UK pricing would have been exactly the same. So what I really need is how much it was in the UK apple store on release, or at time of purchase (3rd Dec 2008)

Any help would be really greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'll just have to assume it was £650

Thanks

MacBook, 13-inch White MacBook (Late 2008)

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 9:18 AM

2 replies

White Macbook - Late 2008 - What was the original price?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.