Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of the letterbox for YouTube

Hello

I'll try to get as much information in here as possible!!

I am recording my footage on a Canon Ixus 220 HS which shoots in widescreen. My Mac book and camera are both brand new so I'm just getting used to them. I created a video but it has a letter box on it which takes up quite a bit of my screen on YouTube. This is the result

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0BRikwJ6OE

I was told that I should be editing my footage in 4:3 however I thought YouTube screen is widescreen now? Also when I select the different variations of 4:3 the letter boxing is still there.

User uploaded file

Is there something really obvious that I am overlooking?

Thanks in advance for any help

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 12:21 PM

5 replies

Nov 25, 2011 2:36 PM in response to CharlotteAlana

Hi Charlotte

I think the problem might be to do with the way you bring your footage from the camera into FCP, or the project settings you're using in FCP. Try to make sure that you capture / transfer footage so that it comes into FCP in its original format. Then, when you create a new FCP project, the first time you drop a clip in the timeline you'll probably get a dialogue box asking if you want to change the project to the format of the clip. Click 'yes' and, theoretically, all further clips should match the new project settings.

Hope that helps.

Jonathan

How do I get rid of the letterbox for YouTube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.