Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get my new macbook pro running off my home wifi? HELP

I have my Mac desktop running off a dlink (Time Warner Cable) AirPort - BUT I cannot get my new macbook pro to even find this AirPort. It also wont connect as a wifi network. Everytime I try and enter the password it comes back with a connection timeout. What can I do to get macbook to recongnize my AirPort Base Station.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 3:28 PM

4 replies

Nov 25, 2011 5:47 PM in response to sig

If I open up the AirPort App - it only says that it cannot find my AirPort wireless device (probably because I dont have one) and then if I go to networks to connect to my wifi I select my home network and it ask me to input a password (as it should) but when I try to put in my password for my network it says "connection timeout" and the screen behind it (where the options for wifi or ethernet ext are) it says no ip address under wifi (also the status indicator is showing yellow - since my wifi is on just not connected to a network. I cannot seem to find any place to input my information for my specific router. Although I can connect to neighboring wifi routers just fine.

I cannot get my new macbook pro running off my home wifi? HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.