Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Radius, Server App, and Airport Extreme (not visible)

In the help system online it states "In the Server app sidebar, select your AirPort device. The AirPort device is listed in the Hardware section of the sidebar. If you want users to log in to your wireless network with their user account credentials, select “Allow user name and password login over Wi-Fi". Well, that is nice, but nothing I can do allows it to show up in the hardware section of the sidebar! Now I have configured it through the "Server Admin" tool, but it is kind of frustrating that all of the documentation points to the Server App and right clicking on the Airport device... Thoughts? Is there something I missed on the Airport configuration to allow it to be seen by the Server App?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 5:15 PM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2012 7:41 AM in response to Christopher Wall

Your Airport Device has to have the right configuration to show up in the server.app sidebar. Otherwhise server.app can´t manage the airport device.

Here is an support page where you can find out how the configuration has to be, if you want to manage your airport device with server.app: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Server/10.7/en/t_ManageAirPort.html

Radius, Server App, and Airport Extreme (not visible)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.