Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV2 and NHL Gamecenter

I've had an Apple TV2 for a while and have recently taken a subscription to the 2011/2012 NHL Gamecenter to take advantage of it as the local Cable Services here only show 1 - 2 games a week 😟

I am on 4.4.3, updated from 4.4 this morning as I heard there were potentially some issues on 4.4 that were rectified.

The issue I have is that t will stop to re-buffer all the time, sometimes every 20 seconds for 20 seconds which makes watching a game **** annoying. This is on an Ethernet connection rather than wireless and using a 30mbps Internet connection.

I can stream the same game to my MacBookAir or the iMac from within Safari at full res over wireless without any pauses.

Is this a known problem? Anyway to work around it? I'd hate to think my $170 is to be confined to computers rather than the TV 😟

Thanks all.

Brett

AppleTV 2

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 12:05 AM

6 replies

Dec 3, 2011 5:50 PM in response to bwhinnen

I've been having a similar experience. In my case, the video freezes, begins to buffer, but eventually times out. When I restart the feed, it happens all over again. I have plenty of bandwidth, I'm using a wired connection for my ATV2 and I can watch live games without these issues on my computer. Overall, I'm extremely disappointed with Gamecenter on Apple TV. I purchased my subscription in order to view the NHL on my television, not my PC.

By the way, the dates have been one day off in the NHL games menu for over a week now.(ie it's Saturday, Dec. 3, but today's games are listed under Friday, Dec. 2.)

Go Blackhawks!

Dec 4, 2011 1:20 AM in response to bwhinnen

In further testing, I've found games that are 2 days old or older seem to stream fine, anyhting that is live or a day old seems to have the issues.

I've watched a few games that are a few days old and all are generally very good with minimal buffering. Watching Devils v Wild at the moment from 12/02 and it is running fine.

I wonder if it is something the NHL are doing for recent games (or not doing as the case may be).

Dec 6, 2011 1:55 PM in response to bwhinnen

Same problem here.

ATV2 on either Wi-Fi or Ethernet stops and re-buffers and/or freezes constantly. Now yesterday, I started getting an actual error message. The game would start out fine, then freeze after 20 seconds, then say "The requested content could not be found. Please try later".

But I can watch no problem on my MacBook Pro over Wi-Fi.

Plus, not sure if you've seen this, but my ATV2 and remote become unresponsive sometimes in the NHL App. It doesn't seem to happen in the main menu or in any other app. Is that just me? I might just need a new remote battery...

Dec 8, 2011 10:38 PM in response to njb130

njb130 wrote:

Plus, not sure if you've seen this, but my ATV2 and remote become unresponsive sometimes in the NHL App. It doesn't seem to happen in the main menu or in any other app. Is that just me? I might just need a new remote battery...

I'm getting this as well only in the NHL App. It happens when I click on a game in order to watch--it just doesn't respond. I can go up and down the list of games, clicking on them and find that some of them will respond and give me a choice of home or away feed and begin streaming, others will respond but only give me a home feed, and then others wil not respond at all--of course, usually the one I really want to watch....darned aggravating

Apple TV2 and NHL Gamecenter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.