Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble playing online videos that run on windows

I can't seem to run the video (of my wife speaking) on a webtv site listed below

http://webtv.camera.it/portal/portal/default/Eventi/Dettaglio?IdEvento=4591

she's the final speaker listed -- which kills me because it was ME who wanted to buy the iMac and not another Windows computer...

but I can run the video using our old Toshiba computer running Windows. I've tried to download thousands of plugins and applications, from Silverlight to Quicktime to Flip for Mac...nothing seems to just run.

She already gives me a sideways look each time she 'gestures' the screen over to the Dashboard so I gotta solve this one...Help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), brand spanking new

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 2:22 AM

3 replies

Nov 26, 2011 4:08 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

I had tried doing this -- installing Flash player plugin before (In fact I had lost track of all the different 'things' I downloaded and tried). It still didn't work but this time it did get closer: last time after a long while 'loading' the file, there was nothing there, zero seconds of video. This time, however, there was the appropriate length of time noted, about 12 minutes of video. BUT it plays an all black screen for the entire video. Any suggestions?

Trouble playing online videos that run on windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.