Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect my iMac to the Epson projector.

Hello,

I'm having a trouble with connecting my iMac to the Epson projector. It used to work fine, but couple days ago it just stopped and I'm not sure where is the problem.

When I plug in projector, projector does like a little noise, but doesn't show the image. On my mac everything happens like normally for fe sec screen goes blue and comes back to normal. I have tried all buttons and read hundreds of treads, but seems none of these explains how to fix an issue.

Tried to connect another display as well, but same shows no signal and that's it.

I tried to connect my other imac and laptop and those work with no problem, but I need this machine to be working as well.

There is no issue with cables, I guess it is something to do with actual machine.

Is there a way to check these things?

Thanks guys,

Regards,

Armands

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 8:19 AM

10 replies

Nov 26, 2011 8:32 AM in response to AFotografy

Armands,

Impossible to assist you without any information. Nowhere do you mention what connections you have tried, what model of projector it is or what specific trouble shooting you have tried. Making generalizations such as "I have tried all buttons and read hundreds of treads, but seems none of these explains how to fix an issue." tells us absolutely nothing. Remember we aren't there with you to see what you can nor can we read minds so please be specific. If you want help please be more specific.

Nov 26, 2011 10:06 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Sorry, here is specifics.

projector Epson TW450 it has only one way how to connect the computer and it is marked as computer connection. VGA

Mac is just older version inte. The white ones, I can't remember exact model name. Running leopard.

Troubleshooting.

I have restarted Mac and aslo projector, I have reset everything in projector. I have tried different combination of connecting cables etc. Bought another set of cables as well, but same issue.

A

Nov 26, 2011 10:16 AM in response to AFotografy

I'd start by doing some basic resets. First thing to do is restart in Safe Mode, this will clear some caches. It's possible a cache has become corrupt. This make take resetting it twice.

If that doesn't work follow the instructions below carefully to reset the SMC and PRAM, again each may need to be reset 2x.

SMC RESET

• Shut down the computer.
  • Unplug the computer's power cord and all peripherals.
  • Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
  • Release the power button.
  • Attach the computers power cable.
  • Press the power button to turn on the computer.

PRAM RESET

• Shut down the computer.
  • Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
  • Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  • Release the keys.

Nov 26, 2011 10:23 AM in response to AFotografy

How dificult is it to connect that projector to another mac or PC? Are you sure it is OK? This is my first question, as long as it worked fine, as you say.

Conversely, what happens if you connect another projector / monitor to your mac? Any, just try to borrow one from a friend.

A positive / negative answer to these questions may offer the solution too.

Nov 26, 2011 1:43 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Hi,

I have tried all these steps, but sorry nothing happened 😟 I'm not sure why this is not working, but it is certainly painful.

Cattus,

Yes, I connected this projector to the different machines and yes it is working. I tried to connect another display to the mac as well, but nothing happened. Just showed no signal etc. Went to the sustem pref and pressed detect monitors as well, but nothing.

Oh well, not sure if this is time for the repair service.

A

Nov 26, 2011 2:04 PM in response to AFotografy

So: ‘

I tried to connect another display to the mac as well, but nothing happened. Just showed no signal etc. Went to the sustem pref and pressed detect monitors as well, but nothing.

Oh well, not sure if this is time for the repair service.’

I think your conclusion is the logical one: your mac does not work with any external monitor / projector. Something wrong happened, for sure.

Can't connect my iMac to the Epson projector.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.