Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No brightness slider on 27" led cinema display - problem with an up-date

In order to get the brightness slider on my 27” cinema display which is connected to a Man-mini I need to install a hardware up-date. But I can’t do it - the up-date requires Mac OS X version 10.6, and I have Mac OS 10.7 What can I do?

27" LED cinema display-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 9:28 AM

2 replies

Dec 4, 2011 1:25 PM in response to OBE2011

You need to take your display to the Apple store. I took mine, they did a sort of a display reset. It works fine now - I have the brightness slider.

I spent almost an hour with the Apple phone support. They even logged in remotely to my computer to see what was the problem. We did all kinds of resets, started the computer in the safe mode etc. All was useless. They set up me an appointment at the Genius Bar next day - it took 10 minutes to reset the display. If your display is OW, it will cost you approximately $45, if it is still under warranty - free. I hope this will help.

No brightness slider on 27" led cinema display - problem with an up-date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.