Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having problems exporting my movie. Help?

I've tried every "export' option available, but it always either crashes or tells me there's not enough room in the "heap zone" (whatever that is), even though the computer is only a week old and barely has ANY files. This is only my second project on this particular computer, so iMovie certainly isn't cluttered. Furthermore, when I try to watch the movie fullscreen (on iMovie), it goes black, then crashes. The project is only about 3 minutes. I cleared out my rejected clips, so I know that's not the problem.

iMovie '11

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 3:41 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2011 3:53 PM in response to LewisFam

When this happens I begin to suspect it's something in the project itself causing the instability. Try this:

1. Go to the Project Library, then highlight the name of the project. Go to the File Menu, choose Duplicate Project
  2. Go into the duplicated project and think long and hard about what order you put things together. Then working in reverse, start removing items from the project, one at a time. You might have a corrupted title, picture, transition, or audio clip that's the source of the problem.
  3. As you remove items, keep testing it by playing it back or exporting it, whenever you get to the point where iMovie stops crashing, you may have discovered the corrupted media clip. Once identified, remove that clip from the original project then export that original project (instead of the duplicate)

I'm having problems exporting my movie. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.