Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch artist sorting

Suppose I have a CD called "Great Songs" with various artists like this:

Track 1 - Artist A

Track 2 - Artist B

Track 3 - Artist C

In iTunes, I like sorting under "Album by Artist/Year". So I want to make the album artist of this CD be "Great Songs" so that I can easily find the CD listed together. But on my iPod touch, I want to be able to look under Artists, and then find each individual artist listed. So, I want them sorted together in iTunes, but separately in the iPod touch artists list. I've tried various combinations of sort criteria, and album artist names, and grouping the CD as a compilation, but I can't ever seem to get both sides working. My iPod 5th generation did this correctly when I applied an "album artist", but I'm having trouble getting it to to work with the iPod touch.

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 11:43 PM

Well after more research, I found that if you go to Settings -> Music and turn off the group by album artist option, it works. The catch is that you have to completely turn off the iPod touch and then turn it back on. I had tried turning off that option earlier, but without turning off the iPod itself, it didn't work.

Hopefully this helps someone else!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2011 11:43 PM in response to Music001

Well after more research, I found that if you go to Settings -> Music and turn off the group by album artist option, it works. The catch is that you have to completely turn off the iPod touch and then turn it back on. I had tried turning off that option earlier, but without turning off the iPod itself, it didn't work.

Hopefully this helps someone else!

iPod touch artist sorting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.