Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i remove a word from spell check in OS X 10.4?

Hi all, I accidentally added a misspelled word to the spell check dictionary and i was wondering how to remove it.

I noticed there were already a few similar questions, but i could not get their solutions to work, as they were obviously using a new version of OS X.

So does anyone know how to remove a word from from spell check in OS x 10.4? or else how to reset the spell check?

Cheers.

Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 1:38 AM

OK, if you are talking about the Apple spell checker, do the following:

Open an application like TextEdit. Right click in the application window and you will get a popup. Select Spelling and then Spelling... to get a Spelling Dialog Box.

User uploaded file

Type in the mis-spelled word in the text box and then click the Forget button. That should undo the mischief.

User uploaded file

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2011 1:38 AM in response to EC1901

OK, if you are talking about the Apple spell checker, do the following:

Open an application like TextEdit. Right click in the application window and you will get a popup. Select Spelling and then Spelling... to get a Spelling Dialog Box.

User uploaded file

Type in the mis-spelled word in the text box and then click the Forget button. That should undo the mischief.

User uploaded file

Nov 28, 2011 10:01 AM in response to EC1901

EC1901 wrote:

Ok, that seems to have fixed the problem for textedit, microsoft word, and safari. But it has not fixed the problem in Mozilla Firefox. Any other ideas?

I am not a Firefox user, though I have some (probably stale at this point) version installed. I would prowl the Firefox help files, which I think are actually online, rather than on your computer. At least we are halfway there.

How do i remove a word from spell check in OS X 10.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.