Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iPad 2 charge with any other chargers when it's plugged in to the original 10w wall jack?

I lost the original usb cord that plugged in to the 10w wall jack and any other cord I use wont work. I've only found ONE charger that works with my iPad and it's my friends car charger for her iPhone which I can't use on a regular basis. I tried to call support but apparently I have to pay 30 dollars to talk to someone, so in hope of some resolution to my problem I am coming to the forums.

Thanks for anyone who can help

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 9:24 AM

7 replies

Nov 27, 2011 9:57 AM in response to RJQuillen

If you lost the cable and the only way to charge it is via a cable, you're going to have to replace something eventually. You could always look on Amazon and see if there's a cheaper used one somewhere.

The USB part is universal. the big difference between the iPad and iPod is the brick itself. The iPod's brick puts out 5W of power, so will charge but much slower than the 10W iPad one.

Why won't my iPad 2 charge with any other chargers when it's plugged in to the original 10w wall jack?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.