Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have iWork's on my mac book pro, can i transfer it to my macbook air?

i will only be using the packages on the Airbook, i do not intend to multi-platform the software. How do I go about the transfer? Wll it work in Lion?

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 9:46 AM

10 replies

Nov 27, 2011 2:34 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Peter,

I've only done it with an iWork folder installed from the DVD. However, there should be no limitation with respect to the App Store downloads.

Unlike iLife, iWork apparently doesn't install any specific files outside of its folder other than preference files which will be recreated if not present.

I can only tell you from my experience.

Nov 28, 2011 2:06 AM in response to Kappy

Hello Kappy

What you described is a perfect scheme to be unable to use the apps bought as iWork (different for apps bought thru the MAS).

When we install the iWork package, the installer put the apps in the Applications:iWork '09 folder but it install also a set of required shared files in the folder :

Macintosh HD:Library:Application Support:iWork '09:

Without the files embedded in this folder, the apps can't work.

User uploaded file

The iWork apps bought from the MAS embed a copy of this set of files so we may move them more easily.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) lundi 28 janvier 2011 11:05:50

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.2

My iDisk is : <http://public.me.com/koenigyvan>

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

i have iWork's on my mac book pro, can i transfer it to my macbook air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.