Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can someone let me know if this is true, ive read that iphone are replacing the 3gs 8gb for the iphone 4 8gb is this at all true?

can someone let me know if this is true, ive read that iphone are replacing the 3gs 8gb for the iphone 4 8gb is this at all true?

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 1:13 PM

10 replies

Nov 27, 2011 1:52 PM in response to lukefromsomerset

You do realize that this article ( form August -beofore Apple announced the new iphone) was simply speculating on what the next iphone to be released would be.

You do not have to guess any longer. Apple has allready released the iphone 4s.

You seem to be very confused about what this is saying.

This article simply guessed that maybe iphone was going to announce a new cheap iphone at the conferance which happend a couple of months ago.

We now know that this was completely wrong. Apple released the iphone 4s.

The article does not mean that they would give iphone 3gs users a iphone 4 as a replacement. It meant that they would not make 3gs any longer and would now make a cheaper iphone 4 instead.

We now know that this was incorrect.

Nov 27, 2011 1:55 PM in response to roaminggnome

right well thank you for helping me out with this, im not really confused as i new there was going to be a new iphone, just as i only really skim read the artical that this may of been the case, which is obviously not, but why stop makeing them when theres still 3gs users what happens if they need a replacement, will there be a back log on 3gs's?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.