Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

white screen on iphone 3gs

how do i fix it

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 6:32 PM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2011 8:12 PM in response to Barker1632

There are different reasons for iPhone White Screen. Each with a different fix. But basically the first step is Reset, hold both Home and Power buttons until the iPhone restarts itself, ignore the "slide to power off" button, and let the iPhone restart itself. Usually takes less than 15 seconds of holding both buttons. Try this a few time if necessary to see if you can clear the White Screen.

If still White Screen, Restore Firmware with iTunes.

If still White Screen and you have Warranty or AppleCare Coverage, take iPhone to Apple for resolution of the problem.

If still White Screen, turn OFF iPhone 3GS, carefully open iPhone and make sure LCD Display Flex Cable #1 is securely and properly attached to the Logic Board. Close up iPhone and turn it ON. If still White Screen replace Display LCD with a new one.

If still White Screen you have significant Logic Board damage.

Dec 5, 2011 11:23 PM in response to brad805

I did the deed of being hammered and dropped my iphone the other saturday night and shattered the brakes off the digitizer on the Iphone 3gs and luckily I had a spare to fix it. Well so I thought. I replaced the digitzer and had strange coloured lines across the screen, so turned it off again and then whoomp white screen. Now problem is I cant turn it off... Went and found a good supplier of a screen with overnight delivery on Monday, and changed it over and turned it on this arvo. Guess what WHITE SCREEN!! ARRGGHHH.... Contacted Apple they say send it in going to be some ungodly price and asked if there was a hard reset and they said no, and didnt want to manually disconnect the battery with the unit turned on. Got a hold of this post and thanks to Brad805 and after 10 hours reading useless posts and websites, I did a hard reset hitting both buttons and tada working perfectly again so thanks Brad805 you are a legend!!

I think from my experience you got all your answers on one page! If it is your screen, I had the LCD and Digitizer express posted over night for about 50 bucks, the other digitzer I had was a chinese import and half the price but the connectors were a nightmare to align. Takes about 2-3 minutes to change over pretty quick process unlike the iphone 4.

white screen on iphone 3gs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.