Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix access fails via ATV2 yet all other access works

All of a sudden I can't access Netflix via the ATV2. I can via my iMac and 2 other laptops within the house.

I can access all other media (youtube for example) via the ATV2 so I know it isn't a wireless or connectivity issue.

I even reset my password and logged in via iMac yet ATV2 still fails.

What gives?

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 6:59 PM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2011 6:29 AM in response to sclark5150

I am having the exact same problem. I can use everything but Netflix. Apple had me reset settings, then a restore, and then finally I took the ATV2 to the Apple Store in Memphis where they wiped everything and started over. It worked in the Apple Store, but when I got home, same old problem. I can stream on my MacBook Air, but not ATV2. I'm about ready to scrap it and buy a Roku.

Dec 3, 2011 8:57 AM in response to sclark5150

I am using wifi and so is the iMac that works. I do suspect Netflix too due to the fact that I got spammed from them (over 30 emails) regarding a password change notification. I also had to re-enter my password on my iMac. So no I haven't ruled out NetFlix. It did happen again on the ATV2 but it hasn't in the last few days. So far so good right now. Thanks

Netflix access fails via ATV2 yet all other access works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.