Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having issues with display when waking up sometimes

i just got a new macbook pro about 2 weeks ago and ive noticed when i wake it up sometimes, either by opening the lid or just pressing a key when it sleeps on it own, the display will be all black except for the time in the top right and my wifi connection. as i move the mouse around it starts revealing more and more of the screen with little blocks and when i click my user name to login that will apear and then once i actually login it goes back to normal. i have a picture of this happening here http://imgur.com/7fmh7

has anyone else experienced this? i ran the apple hardware test (extended) and it said everything was alright.

should i bring it into an apple store? i cant seem to duplicate the issue whenever i want, will pictures be enough for them to help me?

my specs

Late 2011 MacBook Pro

OS X Lion 10.7.2

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

p.s. I did upgrade the ram with the OWC 8 GB kit, should i still consider this to be a possible cause of the issue even though the apple hardware test checked the memory and it cameup all good?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 8:00 PM

1 reply

having issues with display when waking up sometimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.