Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why buy a macbook at an apple store vs best buy

I am curious of what the benefits are from buying from the apple store vs somewhere like Best Buy where you can get the same product for cheaper right now.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2017 3:37 AM

You may get a better deal $$ from Best buy, up to about $50 in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card. My first Apple was bought at Best Buy. After 2 years I had problems. I took it to the Apple Store and if memory serves me right, they sent it off to be fixed. They can do a lot of repairs in store. In any case I ended up buying another one through Apple and I did buy the extended warranty from Apple to which here I am 4 years later and have had absolutely no issues what so ever. I am now recycling both of my laptops to Apple and getting $500 toward a new one. Is this a coincidence? I don't know. Are the laptops handled better at the Apple Store? I don't know. However, I do know this much. I own a Lawn Care Company and I would never buy a Toro or John Deere from Lowes. They are not the same quality that they are from a Turf specific shop. Just saying.

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2017 3:37 AM in response to CTFD

You may get a better deal $$ from Best buy, up to about $50 in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card. My first Apple was bought at Best Buy. After 2 years I had problems. I took it to the Apple Store and if memory serves me right, they sent it off to be fixed. They can do a lot of repairs in store. In any case I ended up buying another one through Apple and I did buy the extended warranty from Apple to which here I am 4 years later and have had absolutely no issues what so ever. I am now recycling both of my laptops to Apple and getting $500 toward a new one. Is this a coincidence? I don't know. Are the laptops handled better at the Apple Store? I don't know. However, I do know this much. I own a Lawn Care Company and I would never buy a Toro or John Deere from Lowes. They are not the same quality that they are from a Turf specific shop. Just saying.

Nov 27, 2011 9:37 PM in response to CTFD

I went to the Apple Store and they certainly know what they are talking about. I decided which product I wanted and purchased it during their Friday sale. Now I see that Best Buy has the exact same product for $50 less than the Apple Store sale price. I'm hoping that maybe I will get better service if I have any issues since i purchased direct from the Apple Store.

Anyone know if you can still get the same customer service at an Apple Store with a product purchased elsewhere?

Jan 23, 2012 8:10 PM in response to CTFD

I bought my macbook pro 13inch from best buy and i can not really complain. i decided to buy the exteded warranty from geek squad for 150 dollars because they said that if anything happens to the computer i can take it in and they will fix it or replace it if it cant be fixed. a difference between buying at best buy vs apple store might be if you are a student. at the apple store students can get a discount.

why buy a macbook at an apple store vs best buy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.