Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account disabled

I've reset my iCloud password serveral times now and when I try to login to email, I get a message stating my account is disabled and I'll need to reset my password...

Thing is I can login to my iCloud account with my password just not to iCloud email. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 8:30 AM

5 replies

Nov 28, 2011 9:43 AM in response to richardellis

I am having the same issue.

Issue:

When I log into any iCloud service (iOS on iPad 2, iPhone 4s, iCloud.com, or through System Preferences), I get a message saying my AppleID has been disabled.

I reset my password over 5 times, reset my AppleID to all my emails (*.edu, *.gmail.com), and it still does not let me login.

Probable Trigger:

I disputed a recent charge on my credit card (Amex), and today, I cannot login to any iCloud service.

This is extremely frustrating!! Please find a solution ASAP!

Nov 30, 2011 1:46 AM in response to leehova

It's been 2 days now and I still cannot access my email through iCloud. Although I can access other cloud services like Contacts, Calander etc..

I've managed to get this raised with someone at Apple (not easy, I can tell you) and they informed me yesterday that it was 'a server issue' and would be rectified quickly..

But this morning, still nothing. This is really frustrating and Apple don't seem that concerned otherwise it would have been resolved before now.

Come on Apple, get this sorted. I would of thought with the pain that was mobileme, any issues realted to iCloud would be dealt with swiftly, clearly that's not the case..!

Jan 16, 2012 9:27 AM in response to William Lorca

Same here. I was hit with 4 gift card purchases from iTunes totalling $100 - my acct. was linked to my PayPal account which was tied to my bank. I disputed the charges the same day. In the paypal history it shows multiple times letters sent to apple but it doesn't show any response from apple.

Paypal refunded me my money but I suspect that this was covered on Paypals behalf.

I'm not so sure I want to continue using apple anymore. There's a LOT of nice alternatives out there right now. I like my iphone 4 but if this is what I have to put up with, no more!

I've reset my password now, both on my pc and on my phone but I cannot do app updates because my apple id has been disabled. The strangest thing - if my account has been disabled, WHY can I still log in via my PC with no problems? I also can log in to icloud - not that I've ever used it - but it's functional. What gives?!

Looks like this has been going on for a while now. When's this going to get fixed?

Account disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.