Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group Emailing

When composing an email to a group, if my the contacts within that group have more than one email, how do I send my message to all email addresses within the group?

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 1:22 PM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2014 11:18 AM in response to ben15dc

Apple has decided that you can not use a group contact list to e-mail or text, maybe to prevent spam. I don't understand it. But...

You can send group e-mails on your iPhone or iPad, you just have to use the right formatting to input the e-mail addresses in your contact list.

What I did: I made a contact list in my gmail account, addressed an e-mail to the list, then cut the addresses out and pasted them into the body of the e-mail. This formatted the e-mail addresses correctly without me typing everything out. I sent the e-mail with the list in the body to myself. The format you need looks like this:

"name one" <blahname1@mail.com>, "name two" <blahname2@mail.com>,

you put the person's name in " " and the email in < > then separate each person with a comma.

The trick: Copy the names from the e-mail you sent yourself, and paste it in a new contact in your Contact.app on your iPhone, or MAC. Do not use the group contact, just a regular individual contact. Paste all the e-mails into the one e-mail space. Type the name of the group into the Company space, and you are done.

To send an e-mail to the group, just type the Group name into the To: field and your iPhone will think it is a company and fill in all the addresses. The key is to separate them with commas.

Group Emailing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.