Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Site beachballs Safari in OSX and iOS, loads fine on all other browsers.

Loads in safari if javascript is disabled.

Because it beachballs safari i can't even debug the issue in safari.

This site was working in Safari before, I beleive this issue started with the latest Safari update, but don't hold me to that.

I need help figuring out what the issue is so I can fix it for Safari users.

Since it bricks safari i can't even get far enough to determine what the issue is.

Please help!!! Please, please, pretty please. :-)

Pointers? Tips? Ideas on how to track down the issue?

site is: http://bumblebeetoys.com/

(no flash or similar content in this page, this is a standard website.)

Safari hangs/beachballs. Can't load

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 1:21 PM

9 replies

Nov 28, 2011 2:13 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

the page loads in safari if javascript is disabled, it seems to be something javascript related that is causing the issue. i wish safari didn't lockup so I could actually debug the issue safari is having.

this is a magento site so yeah, there are wc3 validation errors as with most magento sites.

i'll look into resolving as many of those as possible, but all the other webkit based browsers load the site fine, which also points back to a javascript issue as safari uses its own javascript implimentation.

anyone have any ideas? please chime in. thanks.

Nov 30, 2011 4:46 AM in response to Linc Davis

The safari debugger doesn't allow me to set breakpoints when javascript is disabled, am I missing something?

I might be forced to hack out sections until i can eliminate/pinpoint the code, but being a magento site that is a very complex proposition.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I'll open a new thread in the developer section.

Although the issue is with safari itself, i guess that I'd be more likely to receive a helpful reply under the developer area, i didn't even relaize there was a developer area. Thanks for the tip.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.