Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s gets hot

Hi!

My iPhone is two weeks old and so far I love it.

Since last two days I got 2 racing game.

Real racing 2 and Asphalt 6.

When I play this games the phone gets terribly hot!

The battery drains quite fast as well.

I am really worried!

Should I take the phone back to an apple store?

Would they replace this phone?

I really don't feel comfortable to keep this phone anymore.

Any advice?

Many thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 1:43 PM

The games you mention are some of the more graphic and processor intensive games in the App store. What you phone is doing is probably "normal". However, if you have concerns about your battery hardware, feel free to take it to an Apple Store if there is one around where you live. They can run a diagnostic test for your phone and find out if it needs replacement, etc.

Good luck.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2011 1:43 PM in response to shawonaries

The games you mention are some of the more graphic and processor intensive games in the App store. What you phone is doing is probably "normal". However, if you have concerns about your battery hardware, feel free to take it to an Apple Store if there is one around where you live. They can run a diagnostic test for your phone and find out if it needs replacement, etc.

Good luck.

Nov 28, 2011 2:01 PM in response to mechie8682

Well, I will definitely take the phone to apple store in covent garden soon.

It's not nice to play with a phone which gets burning hot in your hand ( specially

When you paid £500 on the phone and another few quids on those games) where as

It's supposed to be a great performer.

I have both those games in my ipad2 and they run flawless. iPad 2 never gets hot!

Since the 4s has dual core a5 isn't it supposed to be good in running those games?

Anyways, thanks for the answer.

Will let you know what they say from covent gardens store.

Dec 25, 2011 8:34 AM in response to ufgatorvet

hi!

yes i did take my 4S to apple store here in covent garden. once i told the customer service person that i am having this heat issue he said its QUITE NORMAL SINCE 4S IS SUCH A POWERFUL MACHINE and a lot of the 4S do get hot when they run top end games and apps.

well, he did offer me to replace the phone with a new one and i agreed.got myself the new phone and guess what; this one also gets damm hot!! quite annoying indeed!

i am thinking about selling this 4S and downgrade to the iPhone 4. the battery in 4S is ridiculous and apart from camera and rather USELESS SIRI (in the UK SIRI is a big joke actually; cant even find british museum in maps!) its a total waste of money. i am pretty much sure that theres a new one coming in 2012 and will probably go for that.

let me know your experience.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

iPhone 4s gets hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.