Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no service

anyone having as issue with no service

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 2:01 PM

33 replies

Dec 10, 2011 9:52 AM in response to ian fromauckland

ian fromauckland wrote:

anyone having as issue with no service

That is about the most vague and useless question possible.

Considering there are users from around the world the read and post here, someone in another country having the same issue is irrelevant to your issue. Frankly, somone on the same carrier but in another area is likely not even experieincing the same issue.

Contact the carrier if the basic reset, restart, restore, and reseat SIM card do not rectify the issue.

Jan 20, 2012 7:51 AM in response to diesel vdub

It's definitely not the carrier problem. All my older iPhones worked (and one still works) fine with the carrier. The "no service" problem started to occur only with IPhone 4S. I already replaced my SIM card with a new one, reinstalled the latest build of iOS 5.0.1 and it didn't help. It seems to have started after I upgraded to 5.0.1, as it had been working quite well before that, for a month or so.

I'm waiting for 5.1, and if isn't fixed, I'm going to return my iPhone and never buy a phone from Apple again.

Jan 22, 2012 3:46 AM in response to ian fromauckland

I just wanted to "chime in" as everyone else is having the same "failed sim" issue. I only purchased the phone 48 hrs ago and already it's a paperweight! I really enjoy the apple products but if they do not support this issue and offer a solution I too will never buy an apple product again. The only success that I have had to "fix" this was to reset the network connections which seems to temporarily correct it......does anyone else have another solution?

Feb 9, 2012 2:45 AM in response to ian fromauckland

The same problem in Russian Federation. 4s with iOS 5.0.1. Tried to change a sim-card and service provider - no result. My first question to anyone having iphone is "do you have the issue with no service?" and everytime I got a positive answer. Missing important calls drives me MAD.

The main thing we all should do is spread this information as much as possible. Its simply ridiculous, for more than a month I cannot use my iPhone to PHONE. Moreover, I cannot buy a cheap device and use it with my sim-card, because cheap ones use ordinary sim and not microSIM. I gues I will have to change it to ordinary one, when I crush this noPhone.

no service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.