Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for iPad 1's battery?

Where can I get a Material Safety Data Sheet for iPad 1's battery? I forgot my iPad in a hotel in the US, and the shipping company won't ship without this MSDS document... Please help!!!

iPad

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 1:11 AM

7 replies

Jun 5, 2017 1:28 PM in response to BayBomber

This makes no sense. FedEx, UPS and others deliver iPhones and iPads by the thousands every single day without anyone providing a MSDS. You ship your device for repairs to Apple without an MSDS. I've returned other lithium polymer battery powered consumer electronics to companies without an MSDS. if you factor in other cell phones, laptops, tablets, game controllers etc etc, then shippers are handling millions of such devices every day to, and from consumers without ever asking for an MSDS.

Something doesn't make any sense here. I've never heard of needing an MSDS to ship any consumer electronic device, with any shipper (that includes in my own experience USPS, UPS, Fedex, Airbirne Express, and some local couriers). The only hazardous or toxic material in the device is the lithium polymer battery, and shippers handle lithium polymer battery powered devices by the millions every single day.

The only time I've ever had to provide an MSDS to ship anything, anywhere, has been with scientific research material that either included regulated substances or substances not considered normally encountered shipping material by the courier. Shipping everyday consumer products does not require an MSDS.

Nov 29, 2011 7:59 PM in response to Fred-M-

I did, but some of people I talked to had no idea what MSDS was, and I had advise them to google it... Anyways, after more than 60 minutes of telephone conversations with Apple Support (in total), I was told that no MSDS has ever been issued for iPad batteries. And this is very odd since other brands, like Dell and HP, have MSDS for the batteries in their laptops. Radioshak has even one for batteries in a remote controls... Very frustrating!

Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for iPad 1's battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.