Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exceeding icloud limits!

Symptoms:

Whensaving or modifying a contact in Outlook, an error shows up saying"Exceeding iCloud limits!". I have plenty of space free in the Icloudand 2.766 contacts.

Whenmoving a contact from the local folder in Outlook to the iCloud folder inoutlook says: Cannot move the elements. Access Denied. Check that the disk isnot full or write-protected and that currently you are not using the file.

Whenmodifying the email’s contact in Outlook, even though says "ExceedingiCloud limits!" and does not save the contact, an anomalous behavior appears.The new email to the contact is somewhere saved although not shown. Because ifyou send an email to that contact it is send to the old email even if writing manuallythe new email address inside an email in outlook. It’s a weird behavior. Lookslike a bug in the faulty icloud plugin for outlook.

Solution:

Nosolution found. Reboot, erasing selected contacts from the cloud and locally inoutlook, seems that is not working.

Do the contacts have any limitation in quantity?

Any solution?

iPhone 4, Windows 7, x64b Outlook 2010

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 2:35 AM

5 replies

Dec 15, 2011 5:05 PM in response to marcandreu

I have found the problem (no solution yet).This problem expecificaly happens too because I have contacts with "Birthday" set.

When I try to move them (and only this kind of contacts), even to the local pst folder it says the same error: "Exceeding icloud limits!". I guess we are getting closer to the solution.

But now I cannnot move those contacts... they are stuck in the icloud. Deleting the birthday of any of them, enables to be moved out the icloud contacts.

2 weeks no reply? Apple what are you doing??

Feb 23, 2013 3:28 PM in response to scott8mich

Hi Scott,

I belive it has been fixed with the latest version of the icloud panel for outlook.

I just created a birthday in one of my contacts, moved them around, and seems to work now-a-days with no errors

Be sure to have the latest version of the icloud panel for outlook and to not actualy have full your space.

btw, I have office 2013, but with 2010 I belive it was working too.

Greetings

Marc A.

Oct 17, 2013 11:41 AM in response to marcandreu

The problem has not been fixed.

I have Windows 7, Office 13 and iCloud Control Panel 3.0.

There is one checkbox in CP 3.0 to select/deselect Mail and Contacts and Tasks and Calendars in Outlook and I can't choose only contacts.

I've copied 6000(from 8000) contacts to iCloud from Outlook and then Outlook stopped and told me "exceeding icloud limits".

And nothing extra explanations.

Now I'm shrinking a copy of Outlook contacts by deleting some fields and will try to have no errors while copy this shrunk DB to iCloud.

Does anyone know how to empty a field in all outlook contacts? (Using outlook interface, addon or vbscript...)

Exceeding icloud limits!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.