Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"force" hdmi audio out

Ok my hdmi capable receiver(Onkyo txsr604) is not happy with my ipad 2 nor is my ipad 2 happy with it despite the purchase of the dangly dongly designed oh so wrongly Apple Digital AV adapter that needs to be duct taped on or perhaps superglued in (pardon the ***** side rant). I imagine many a receiver and ipad aint getting on so well. I realize part of my particular sitch is my receiver is specked out at hdmi 1.1, and the ipad is (probably) 1.3 or better. I have a 1.3 hdmi 1.3 cable and all that jazz. Darnit I had the audio working a couple of times but now I get the dreaded device not supported by ipad message. Any tweaks? Bypasses? Overrides? Switches? Buttons? Apps? Settings? Ive had several legacy audio devices give me this same "error" but then go ahead and function fine (docks and such) seems to me a receiver should not be seen as a device at all, unless there was some two way communication necessary. Would like a manual setting perhaps that just outputs the audio over hdmi and mutes the ipad2 speaker. The video is yet another cup of tea, I'll try and figure that out elsewhere.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, hdmi audio video error problem

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 1:05 AM

There are no replies.

"force" hdmi audio out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.