Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems when import aaf from Avid (again)!!

Ok,there we go again...

First of all,I am not Avid Editor,all what I know about Avid is what I need to know,but...

We edited a short documentary (18min) in Avid MC 5.5.3 and now we want to bring the master sequence to FCP 7.03 to adjust some thinks.

The preset what we are using in Avid project is 720p 29.97fps ,so We exported as AAF from Avid using these configurations:

Export as :AAF

Include All Video/Data Tracks in Sequence

Include All Audio Tracks in Sequence

Copy All media

Transcode Video to: HDV 720P MXF

....and then we imported into FCP using AutomaticDuck Pro import plugin

but,something went wrong. The clip in Viewer is ok,but when I play the clips in sequence,the clips looks stretched in Canvas.

PLEASE HELP!!

thx

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 5:48 AM

10 replies

Nov 29, 2011 12:30 PM in response to christian Frank

OK. Try this. First, duplicate your sequence in case things go south. Find a representative clip in the browser. Create a new sequence and edit it into that sequence. FCP will ask if you want to match the sequence settings to the clip. Say yes. Does the clip look ok in the canvas? If so, do the new sequence settings match the original sequence settings? If they do, select the clip in the new sequence and copy (command-c). Go to the original sequence and select all (command-a) and then hit option-v (copy attributes) and choose basic motion and distort. Does that fix things?

Nov 29, 2011 2:21 PM in response to christian Frank

True weirdness. The frame rate of the clip that Christian sent me says it's 15 fps. If I drop it into a new sequence, fcp doesn't ask if it should match the sequence settings to those of the clip. If I use cinematools to conform the clip to a standard fcp frame rate, it does and everything seems hunkydory. Wonder if there's a problem with the frame rate of the AAF export?

Problems when import aaf from Avid (again)!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.